Joomla is a one stop destination for the companies working on the development and publishing of web content. It is a free and open source content management system which is built on a model-view-controller web application format. Right from small to large scale, you can practically build any website through this popular system. However, to develop a Joomla site, you need to match your requirements with their inbuilt templates. Here’s a curated guide to understanding the Joomla templates before you get going with your website.
- Helix provides you with innovative page layout and typography options if you are keen on building a responsive and mobile-friendly website.
- You not only get to customize the colors but also get cross-browser compatibility, retina displayer, and mega menu generator as a bonus.
- Best suited for innovative websites, Radon is the all rounder template from Joomla.
- It gives you powerful administrative and unlimited font control. Radon also gives you mega-menu builder along with RTL supporter for languages like Arabic, Hebrew, etc.
- Crafty is the best fit for e-commerce websites seeking to display and sell products online.
- A mobile friendly and RTL supported template it is highly responsive.
- Crafty pampers you with 2 homepage layouts along with 20 module positions. The template also comes with an additional social media plug-in to reach out to the wider audience.
4. At CreArt
- If you are running an educational website, this unique template is the perfect option.
- Apart from the mega-menu style, there is also a clean, minimal user interface with off canvas.
- There are also 4 color variations and box layout to present important information or details of your website.
- You can easily create flexible and catchy headers, invite social comments and post articles using it.
- For news, blog or magazine related website, Magazine is the quickest and easiest option.
- For your articles to be shared easily, there are also clear and bold social sharing options.
- There are 1-3 column layouts with the featured posts on top along with color changing options.
- It also supports K2.
6. Zenith II
- Supported by both Joomla 2.5 and 3.x templates, Zenith not only runs smooth but is also very responsive.
- Apart from easy customization, you can find lots of custom pages and responsive image gallery.
- It also provides 2D Mega Menu, various tabbed sections for navigation and mobile-friendly off-canvas menu.
- Formatted with three unique color variations, this template is suited for multipurpose use.
- Along with a clear drop-down menu, there are 37 module positions.
- This template apart from being mobile-friendly has basic RTL support along with a grid size custom typography.
- Loaded with Google locations, this template comes with an advanced typography and is best suited for corporate agency website.
- With a very responsive image gallery, there are also pricing table and quick start pack.
So, which of these Joomla templates suit your needs?